Deadline: Tuesday, March 27, 2012
The City of Alcoa Dept. of Public Works & Engineering held a meeting Thursday, March 15, 2012, for residents to review alternate plans for access from the proposed shopping development on Hall Road. Three plans were displayed, Alt A, Alt B, and Alt C. The City of Alcoa mailed post cards to residents of Springbrook announcing this meeting. In addition, they placed an ad in The Daily Times, which appeared in the Sports section on Sunday, March 11, 2012.
The City of Alcoa handed out forms for the approx. 72 residents able to attend the meeting to fill out indicating which alternate route (A, B, or C) the resident would prefer and had a place for comments.
The City of Alcoa has not informed the approx. 250+ residents who were unable to attend the meeting that they can obtain a form to indicate their preference (or no build) and give comments.
Also, this development doesn't just affect Springbrook residents. It affects all residents that visit the area, specifically the park, and residents in neighboring areas such as the Hall Community.
Please take the time to contact Kenny Wiggins, 865-380-4800, at the Public Works and Engineering Dept. to obtain your form and give some input.
About this site
- Who are all these people and where are they going? (13 replies)
- TDOT Alcoa Parkway Public Comments (5 replies)
- Alcoa Parkway part of I-3 corridor? (9 replies)
- MDT reporting late on TDOT FONSI (environmental report) (10 replies)
- Coordinated effort by local government and business to push through bad project? (25 replies)
- Maryville Daily Times covers StopAlcoaParkway.com launch (9 replies)
- TDOT projects on hold, review underway (17 replies)
- TDOT Transcript of Public Hearing - Nov. 9, 2010 (13 replies)
- Noise abatement (8 replies)
- Request for FHWA to require an Environmental Impact Statement (24 replies)
- Alcoa Parkway resources added (12 replies)
- New TDOT website: Relocated Alcoa Hwy Project (8 replies)
- TDOT PROJECT WEBSITE
- FHWA/TDOT Finding of No Significant Impact
- 1998 TDOT proposal EA with public comments
- 2004 TDOT proposal EA with public comments
- TDOT transcript of Nov. 9 2010 public meeting
- TDOT public comments received after Nov. 9 2010 meeting
- Raw audio recording of Nov. 9 2010 TDOT meeting
- Map of proposed route
- Knox TPO Feb. 2010 Agenda w/attachments
- Map of local area TDOT projects
- Knox TPO Long Range Transportation Plan Update
- Knox TPO Transportation Infrastructure Program FY11-14
- Knox TPO Executive Board minutes Aug. 2006
- TDOT Nov. 9 2010 public meeting notice
- Printable opposition flyer for public meeting
- Maryville Daily Times ad
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Knoxville Region Transportation Planning Office