The Maryville Daily Times has a front page, top of the fold headline article about the Alcoa Parkway project.
The way it's written, one would get the idea that the project is a done deal. It uses phrases such as "will have." "will run," "will be," and "once the road is built."
Apparently the latest public hearing is just a formality. The last one was held in 2004. Has there been an environmental impact study, or did someone ordain that it wasn't needed?
The Chamber of Commerce and local government officials never met a road project they didn't like, and the Maryville Daily Times has their back. That's OK. They all believe it's in the best interest of the community, and we all agree there's a big problem with Alcoa highway. Some of us just think there may be better ways to fix it that aren't being considered.
If you think TDOT and Alcoa should consider other, lower impact alternatives then be sure to come out to the TDOT meeting next Tuesday, Nov. 9th.
About this site
- TDOT public meeting on Alcoa Highway Bypass project (1 reply)
- Alternatives (9 replies)
- Request for FHWA to require an Environmental Impact Statement (2 replies)
- KNS Guest editorial: Alcoa Highway bypass: Bad process leads to bad project (1 reply)
- FHWA EIS request update: TDOT response (1 reply)
- Maryville Daily Times report on our meeting with Alcoa city officials (1 reply)
- New documents added to the Resources section: 1998 v. 2004 (3 replies)
- WATE report (4 replies)
- Maryvile Daily Times; Parkway a done deal? (1 reply)
- Stop Alcoa Parkway (10 replies)
- Comments Deadline - Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2010 (1 reply)
- Noise abatement (2 replies)
- TDOT PROJECT WEBSITE
- FHWA/TDOT Finding of No Significant Impact
- 1998 TDOT proposal EA with public comments
- 2004 TDOT proposal EA with public comments
- TDOT transcript of Nov. 9 2010 public meeting
- TDOT public comments received after Nov. 9 2010 meeting
- Raw audio recording of Nov. 9 2010 TDOT meeting
- Map of proposed route
- Knox TPO Feb. 2010 Agenda w/attachments
- Map of local area TDOT projects
- Knox TPO Long Range Transportation Plan Update
- Knox TPO Transportation Infrastructure Program FY11-14
- Knox TPO Executive Board minutes Aug. 2006
- TDOT Nov. 9 2010 public meeting notice
- Printable opposition flyer for public meeting
- Maryville Daily Times ad
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Knoxville Region Transportation Planning Office